I am a marketer with over 25 years’ experience. I run a boutique content marketing agency in Dublin called Engage Content and I mentor business owners directly as well as through the Local Enterprise Office.
Context, content & candour.
If I’m not talking about one, I’ll be talking about the others.
It’s important to be on the same wavelength as your mentor, so you should know that I focus on an ethical and sustainable approach to business. I won’t be a good fit if you use tactics like clickbait, high-pressure sales, spam, black-hat SEO, or green-washing.
What got me started?
Although I didn’t know it at the time, my career started when I fell in love with the Greek classics in my early teens. Storytelling at its greatest, these psychodramas gave me a firm foundation in motivation, emotion, and communication. And don’t even get me started on the lessons that business leaders can learn from the ancient philosophers!
What have I been doing all this time?
Honestly, it’s hard to believe I have been at this for over 25 years! When not working, I also moved country a couple of times, renovated a few houses, and had two amazing children. I am a single parent, a business owner, a cook and gardener. I was born in the UK but spent a good chunk of my childhood in South America. I’ve led an interesting life!
A CV would be long and boring, but here are a few things that might be interesting:
- I learned ‘desktop publishing’ (what we are now more likely to call design) before I left school, as it was the family business.
- I freelanced in book publishing and design for various London multinationals.
- I created my first website in 1997 (websites were very basic then, it must have been hideous).
- I worked at a couple of London dot-coms during the bubble doing PR, multimedia events, marketing, and general madness.
- I published a couple of books.
- I became an early adopter of WordPress and started doing this mad internet thing called ‘blogging’.
- I landed a communications job in France even though I could barely speak French. There followed a steep learning curve that kept me exhausted for about three years!
- I became a technical advisor to a French ex-minister and Senator (the French Senate is beyond stunning).
- I headed digital projects in a French county council for over four years. We built a dozen websites and launched all kinds of social and business initiatives.
- I founded my own agency (here in Dublin) when I spotted a market gap for a company focused fully on content marketing. Over the past six years, we have worked with clients such as Enterprise Ireland, UCD, Skillnet Ireland, ICDL, Tag Worldwide, and various indigenous companies and SMEs.
I have mentored dozens of business owners and marketing managers in recent years. What I love is that I learn from my mentees as well as delivering value to them. At their best, these relationships are dynamic, inspiring, and transformative on both sides.
N.B. I am a business and marketing mentor and facilitator. I will guide you and help you learn new skills along the way. But I am NOT a leadership coach, executive coach, career coach, or trainer.
Still have questions? Book a free initial consultation with me.
Some of my skills
Digital strategies & roadmaps – inbound marketing, content
marketing, digital marketing
Copywriting, editing & proofreading. Creating, sourcing & managing content
Branding and brand building
Customer experience & user experience
SEO, content optimisation, URL editing, keyword management, content auditing
Pay-per-click ad campaigns on Google & social
Public relations, internal
management & problem-solving
Email marketing campaigns,
lead nurturing & conversion
Social media management &
Reporting, data analysis & insights
Agile project management, project initiation, project planning, project status, project risk & stakeholder
Press relations, speech writing, briefings & interviews
Building technology stacks & automation
Should you need them, references from business owners I have worked with will be sent to you after our first consultation.